SBS TRIPLE DIAMOND SHARPENING STATION SPECIAL
+ FREE MARKING & MEASURING BUNDLE
$471.80 USUAL PRICE
$471.80 USUAL PRICE
*All website prices are displayed in $ Canadian Dollars.
YOUR BUNDLE WILL INCLUDE
- Side By Side Triple Diamond Sharpening Station
- Perfect Butt Profile Scriber
- Point 2 Point Measuring Gauge
- Complete Flat Lying Trammel Set
TREAT YOURSELF AND YOUR TOOLS
Make your shop the home of the sharpest tools on the block. Create the perfect edge on the most comprehensive freehand diamond sharpening station ever created.
A 6 stage sharpening process across 3 grades of super durable monocrystalline diamond, finished on 3 real leather strops with 3 grades of polishing wax.
Backed up by a 10 Year Guarantee.
For a limted time only
Introducing the World’s most comprehensive bench stone sharpening package… The SBS is “The BIG BOSS”
A Life Time of Sharpening
MPOWER’s revolutionary New Side By Side (SBS) means this Diamond Stone will really last forever!
Instead of having to throw away an expensive tool because a small part of it is worn.
MP’s unique manufacturing process allows a damaged diamond surface to be inexpensively and easily replaced by the owner.
Overall Size: 8 x 12 Inches
Diamond Surface: 3x 8 x 2.75 Inches
Total Diamond Surface: 66 Square Inches
Weight Not including Ancillaries: 4lb (1.8kg)
Gross Weight: 5.5lb (2.5kg)
10 YEAR – Bench Stone Guarantee
Our new SBS Bench Stone Plates are so tough.
They’re covered by a “no quibble” 10 Year Guarantee. (Double the industry standard).
Even if the damage is down to years and years of regular sharpening, MPOWER will supply FREE replacement Diamond Plates + FREE shipping within Canada.
COMPLETE – Sharpening Package
The Side by Side (SBS) has been in development for over 4 years solid and is the most complete sharpening package available anywhere on the planet.
The process of properly sharpening a tool be it a ¼” bevel edge chisel or a plane iron involves a number of essential elements, all of which are cunningly stored in the SBS canvas carry/storage case.
A high tolerance machined single platform mounted with 3 grades of Diamond Stone – 300# – 600# and 1200#.
• 3 “On board” Click-on, Click-off, Magnetic Leather Strop Covers – 2 different Leathers Firm and Soft.
• 3 Uniquely formulated grades of Polishing Wax 1800# – 2500# and 5000#.
• 1 30ml Fully synthetic diamond lapping fluid.
• Diamond Stone Cleaning Block.
• All this SBS goodness arrives in a bespoke tough Canvas Storage Case.
EASIER TO USE – plain and simple
Compared to using a traditional double sided 8” diamond stone, where you set up to use one side/grade, mount it in the stone holder, use it, clean it off, re-set it to the other grade, place it back into the stone holder and start again. The SBS is on your bench ready to go.. instantly offering 3 grades of diamond to sharpen on.
The SBS is als2022o the first diamond stone that’s fitted with 3 leather topped magnetic protective covers with 2 different grades of leather – Firm and Soft.
So 3 grade sharpening is followed by 3 strop finishing. All without moving from the job.
The List of Firsts is Long
First 3 grade 8” Diamond Stone – 300# – 600# and 1200# with 3 grades of Polishing Wax 1800# – 2500# and 5000#.
First Diamond Stone with easily replaceable diamond surfaces.
First Diamond Stone to have an “On board” built in Leather Strop Cover. Well actually three.
First Diamond Stone with an inter connected nonlinear diamond recess pattern for excellent swarf removal.
First Diamond Stone with a base larger in size than the diamond surface for “improved stability”.
Stropping versus Waterstones
So much has been written and argued over preferred methods of sharpening.
However most agree that the majority of the process is best carried out on an 8” Diamond Stone.
The main divide comes with the finishing process, some favour fine grade waterstones, others favour stropping the blade.
We could find no discernible evidence indicating a superior finish with either process.
Given that our decision to offer the stropping option was made on the following:
Levels of convenience, cost, space taken up and mess created.
The regular maintenance of waterstones requires additional equipment in a lapping plate to regularly flatten the waterstone.
Waterstone storage require submersion in water with all the inherent mess associated.
There’s no definitive right or wrong however we’re firmly “stroppy rather than messy”.
MPOWER has developed a unique process in manufacturing diamond stones.
6 years ago we pioneered the use of high tolerance aluminium extruded cores with 3M adhesive bonded electro plating diamond plates as the surface.
Resulting in the flattest diamond stones available with a tolerance of +/- 0.00175”
Made in the UK
Each Side by Side is made in our factory in Salisbury Wiltshire UK.
During manufacture every stone undergoes 11 different QA tests to ensure that each one meets the very highest standards possible.
There’s nothing unique about the long list of tools that can be sharpened using the SBS.
- Any size of bevel edged chisel.
- Carving tools.
- Plane blades or Irons.
- Some types of turning tools.
- Kitchen knives.
- Hunting knives.
- Drilling bits.
- 3 Grades of Diamond: 300, 600 & 1200 Grit.
- Monocrystalline Diamond
- “Forever Diamond Stone” features replaceable inexpensive diamond surfaces.
- +/- 0.00175” Stone Flatness created by CNC Machining the base surfaces for incredibly flat sharpening.
- 3 “On board” Click-on, Click-off, Magnetic Leather Strop Covers with 2 different leathers Firm and Soft.
- 3 grades of Polishing Wax 1800, 2500 & 5000 Grit.
- Bespoke Tough carry and storage case.
- 30ml Fully Synthetic Lapping Fluid.
- Industry leading 10 Year Guarantee.
- Unique inter connected nonlinear diamond recess pattern for excellent swarf removal.
- A massive base machined and anodised in Aluminium , larger in size than the diamond surface for “improved stability”.
- Always use MPOWER Lapping Fluid to lubricate & protect.
- Do Not use exessive force when sharpening.
- Regularly clean your Diamond Stone during use.
- Clean and protect your Diamond Stone after use.